How to fake a clean bathroom by my guest Anna | Organizing Made Fun: How to fake a clean bathroom by my guest Anna

Friday, February 24, 2012

How to fake a clean bathroom by my guest Anna


Hey there Organizing Made Fun readers, I am super excited to be here with you today!  I just love Becky and I was thrilled when she asked me to share with all of you!  I write a blog called Ask Anna and it's filled with cleaning, organizing and decorating tips.  Today I'm going to share one of my favorite cleaning posts with you, how to {fake} a clean bathroom.




Yep, you read that right.  I know we all hate cleaning the bathrooms, so today I'm going to give you a few tips for how to {fake} a clean bathroom.  But I'm also going to give you a few tips for how to make {actually} cleaning your bathroom easier.
Let's start with {faking} it.
Rule #1: when you invite guests over always make sure the bathrooms are clean.  Most people will not notice if other parts of your house are dirty but when they are in the bathroom, all alone & looking around, I guarantee they will notice if your bathroom is dirty.  But we don't always have time to clean the bathrooms before our guests arrive so here's how you can make it look spotless in less than 5 minutes.



Step 1: Squirt one pump of hand soap into the sink.  Turn on the water and use your hand to "wash" out the sink.  Use your fingernail to get up any soap scum around the drain.  Once all the soap is rinsed out use the hand towel to wipe down the sides of the sink, the faucet and then to wipe down the counter.  Toss the hand towel in the dirty clothes.  Replace it with a clean one.  Always set out a clean hand towel for your guests.
Step 2: Next use a Clorox wipe to wipe down the toilet.  Wipe the lid, the seat and the base of the toilet.  Toss it in the trash.  
Step 3: Use another Clorox wipe to clean up any hair, lint, etc. off the floor.  Toss it in the trash.  
Step 4: Empty the trash can.
Voila!  Your bathroom looks sparkly clean and in less than 5 minutes!  I think this whole process takes me about 3 minutes.  I know you are probably shocked that I "cheat" sometimes!  Yep, every once in a while...
Okay, now to the real deal, {actually} cleaning the bathrooms. Believe it or not cleaning the bathrooms doesn't have to be a big chore.  Using these simple tips will make the task easier to manage, and it will make it so that you are more likely to actually clean the bathrooms.
Tip 1: Have cleaning products close by.  We used to live in a 2-story house and I started to realize that I hated cleaning the upstairs bathrooms because the cleaning products were always downstairs.  So to fix that I bought a second set of products and kept them stored in one of the upstairs vanities.  Now that we live in a single-story house I only have one set of products but I keep them close to the bathrooms.  If I have to go out of my way to get my cleaning products {just being honest here} then I am less likely to actually do the chore when I have the time.  For example, my daughter loves to take super long baths.  Since I can't leave her alone in the bath for too long, I use this time to clean her bathroom.  Having cleaning products under the sink in her bathroom is super handy, I'm stuck in there anyways, might as well make good use of the time!



Tip 2: This is along the same lines as number one but it's specifically for the shower.  Keep shower cleaning products in the shower.  I don't know about you but I always forget to clean the shower when I'm cleaning the bathrooms.  To solve that problem keep a spray bottle of vinegar and a sponge in the shower and spray it down every couple of days.  Then once a month you can take the time to deep clean your shower with baking soda and vinegar.



Tip 3: Use Clorox wipes to clean the floors.  How often do you mop?  I'm guessing probably not very often because I don't know anyone that likes to mop.  To save yourself from having to mop your bathroom every week use Clorox wipes to stay on top of the messes.  Every time I clean the bathrooms I use a Clorox wipe to wipe the floor all around the toilet, as well as the base of the toilet.  This trick will keep it clean on a weekly basis and then once a month you can take the time to mop.



Tip 4: Use Clorox wipes to wipe down the baseboards, the doors, door handles, light switches and light fixtures.  Bathrooms get dusty very quickly so if you stay on top of cleaning these items then you won't every have to do a major clean.



If you follow these simple tips your bathrooms will stay super clean
 Here are a few of my other favorite tips: {click on the picture to take you to the post}




Organized Kitchen Cabinets


How to Organize the Linen Closet


How to Organize Manuals and Warranties


Thanks for letting me be here with you today!  
I look forward to seeing you over at Ask Anna!!!






Anna

Pin It

Anna is MY kind of gal! She is organized and clean! Well, she's also very sweet and you should REALLY check out her blog cause you'll get a lot more ideas for cleaning and organizing! I'll be back soon from Nashville with more AMAZING organizing inspiration next week!

Photobucket


 Like what you see here? Consider becoming a follower or subscribe via email!

Enter your email address:


Delivered by FeedBurner
Follow Me on Pinterest 

Having trouble seeing the pictures? Try THIS.

Are you an Organized Reader? I'd love to see your organized space. Email me HERE and show me your space to possibly be featured as one of my Organized Readers.